Nowadays most hosting providers offer 1-click application installations. If your provider does not or if you have problems installing WordPress with it, I can really recommend you taking a closer look at the free WordPress Loader Script for the fastest manual WordPress installations. 😮
Although the whole process of installing WordPress manually only takes a couple of minutes, it can be a pain in the a**.
Especially if you install more than one WordPress instance, you will definitely appreciate this little script…
If you can’t auto install WordPress from your control panel for whatever reasons, I’d first recommend checking with your provider if the feature is really installed correctly and working.
If your provider does not offer a 1-click WordPress installation think about switching to a new provider like bluehost. But if you don’t want to wait or change your provider, you can still install the latest wordpress version (in any language) to your server faster than you might think…
The WordPress Loader is a very small script that simply downloads the latest WordPress version and unpacks it to the directory the script is stored in. So no downloading to you computer or unzipping on your local machine is necessary.
Fastest Method to manually install WordPress:
- Download and unzip the WordPress Loader Script. The zip file contains only one 11 KB small file.
- Upload this file to your server (root folder or folder you want WordPress installed) via FTP or CPanel.
- Open the uploaded file in the browser.
- Confirm to download the latest WordPress version. This only takes a couple of seconds and you are ready to finish up installation.
- Enter MySQL credentials.
If you have not already created a MySQL database, login in to your providers control panel and create:
- MySQL database
- MySQL user & password
- Take notes of database name, username, and password for later use.
- Choose a login name and password for your new WordPress blog!
That’s it. Installed.
Tip: Prepare a MySQL database from the control-panel prior to the installation!
Very convenient and it only takes a couple of seconds. Try it for yourself. Download the script for free here: